- Technology integration is a core component of School Improvement and sustained Professional Development. Stay the course and keep your commitments!
- We believe that accessibility is a core value and teaching appropriate use standards is a higher value than banning and a better use of our time than policing and depriving; we are not a techno police state! We emphasize teaching developmentally appropriate use.
- Create a solution that works for you, don’t worry about replicating others or copying buzzwords.
- Free yourself from the constraints of conformity (it’s not about one particular device or one piece of equipment that is a magic bullet; there’s no such thing).
- Begin with the end in mind (consider sustainable solutions or you’ll flounder).
- It’s not about hardware - the equipment will be different 5 years out - probably very different.
- It’s not about programmatic initiatives = today’s cool web-based application will be played out in 6 months. Stay sharp.
- The hardware will change and the software will evolve; be adaptively creative.
- The foundation of staying power is relationships. Technology is no different. We evolve readily because we have great trust in and leadership from Noel and Jim.
- With good technology support and a clear vision that is conveyed, you can accomplish tremendous things for student learners.
- Always understand and accept that people are on a continuum of readiness for change and initiative to change, and plan accordingly. (Offer differentiated professional development for teachers).
Friday, March 1, 2013
Tips for thriving in the brave new world of Ed Tech
How what we are doing is working for Norris - in Chromebook integration and wireless accessibility. A proud google school!